Broadband network seeks public input
THE federal Government has given the public two weeks to have their say on plans to invest $4.7 billion in a national broadband network.
Interested parties have until March 30 to lodge their submissions, Communications Minister Stephen Conroy said
Communications Minister Stephen Conroy has invited industry and members of the public to lodge submissions to help government advisors develop a request for proposal (RFP) to build the network.
Interested parties have been given until March 30 to lodge their submissions.
“I am sure there are a number of individuals and organisations that are interested in the Australian broadband market and that will be able to provide informed submissions to aid in the panel’s consideration of the issues.
“The Government values their input to this very important process, which will secure Australia’s digital future for many years to come,” Senator Conroy said.
The RFP, the National Broadband Network Request for Proposals, is currently being developed by the federal Government's panel of experts announced last week.
The new network is expected to provide 98 per cent of Australians with minimum broadband speeds of 12Mbps.